Today I woke up rather refreshed having slept through the night for only the 2nd time in going on 20 months. This was accomplished less thanks to the fusspot but rather more thanks to the fact that my husband spent the night on the floor of her room.
I then wandered off to school, did a little work, came home and took an hour nap rather than go to the blogher meet-up, had a hearty lunch and fully plan on another half hour catnap prior to picking up the fusspot. Followed by an afternoon at our favorite playground and dinner with a friend and her son.
Not exactly my usual day. Largely precipitated by fainting at the playground yesterday. Less than an hour after I had got off the phone with one of the midwifes and run by the lab to have some tests done. So it turns out that in addition to being way under in calorie consumption (and certainly contributing to my failure to put together healthy low-carb meals), my exhaustion has entirely taken over. I was a bit worried but the midwife reassured me that the perfect storm of getting pregnant the month after I'd been on zofran and losing weight thanks to the gas baby, nursing, and being anemic were sufficient explanation. Just in case we checked my thyroid and a few other things.
Then I ran to pick up the fusspot because JD was supposed to call our daycare provider and tell her I was running late and he forgot (and often when I am more than 5 minutes late to afternoon pick-up she has taken the bigger kids out to activities. This means that the fusspot is home alone with her 15 year old daughter, which I honestly find totally appropriate and safe. The kid lives in a home where her mom runs a home daycare, has a sibling, and has always been responsible when I talked to her. However, I feel bad that she gets stuck with the fusspot and try not to be late).
Then I went to the playground and ... more elipses ... realized I was in trouble. And called JD and told him he had to come home immediately because I couldn't possibly take care of the fusspot. And he? Said he'd finish up at work in the next hour and be there. Which wasn't exactly what I wanted to hear and resulted in a few nasty words and hence my night of sleep. So here's to hoping for a weekend of big meals, lots of sleep, seeing friends, and peace in our apartment. Oh, and finishing a sewing project for our trip next week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Oh my! I'm glad you're taking care of yourself. For what it's worth, I don't have near as much going on as you do but I have been far more exhausted this past week (just hit 11 weeks yesterday). I was a little concerned that it could be because I'm still very sick and losing weight and while the nurse didn't rule that out, she did say that the formation of the placenta is in full-swing and that often causes more exhaustion and increased dizziness which I am also enjoying. So continue to take it easy and enjoy your relaxing weekend!
I am sorry your feeling bad. Any thoughts on giving up the nursing? Seems like your struggling to provide enough nourishment for yourself.
It's already monday- so I hope you took it very easy this weekend & attempt to take it as easy as possible during the week!
Here's to a full nights sleep!! That is pretty much heaven right there!
I had fainting with my pregnancy with Will and it was very scary. . . but my OB said it was also very normal. It happened so many times that I had to get one of those medic bracelets so that when it happened in public, people wouldn't freak.
I hope that you are feeling better soon. Once I hit the beginning of the second trimester and was able to eat better, the fainting stopped. I still got light headed, especially in the third trimester, but never fainted again.
Post a Comment