Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Still there

The dream baby was still there, heartbeat going strong this morning.

I braved the appointment and went alone. Which turned out not to be such an awful thing since the baby was a little too small for the NT (the NT is based off probabilities on a chart and your baby has to have a crown to rump measurement which puts them onto the chart. Same thing happened with the fusspot). So, that's all around good news because it means another ultrasound next week, and maybe JD will even be able to make it. And after that it's no more u/s until the anatomy scan (October, folks) unless the GD clinic kicks into overdrive early.

I made peace with my slacker husband this morning. But not until I'd spent the entire night on the (wood) floor of the fusspot's room trying to keep her from waking him up. I am occasionally a great wife.

Very busy tonight trying to get JD to agree to purchase a new dresser for the living room. Despite my frequent fears that this dream baby will disappear (complete with detailed nightmare last night that the u/s this morning revealed a heartbeat, but one that was slower than the last u/s and the tech wanted to do a D and C immediately and I wanted to wait a week and I got into a screaming match with an abortion protester that a D and C for a dead baby was not an abortion. Yeah. It was a fun dream. At least I haven't run over any abortion protesters this time around) I am proceeding full speed ahead. The dresser will do double duty: replace our entirely un-babyproofable crate and barrel mini kitchen island and provide storage for baby things in the living room. But finding someone to move furniture in NYC is such a hassle, especially since I'm not supposed to help at all.

In other not at all surprising news, I am anemic. Really rather anemic. What pisses me off is that I yet again fell for the ol' midwife "we'll call if the tests results are bad, no news=good news' line. Never, never, never again dear readers. Because I had that test done a full 3 weeks ago and only bothered to call when killing time with a sleeping toddler in the waiting room of my friend's midwife. 3 weeks that I should have been taking iron and might have had a little more energy (I was on Floradix for my entire pregnancy with fusspot and the post-partum period but stopped it when we started cycling again because I didn't want to take unnecessary supplements given how contaminated/polluted they could be and I knew we'd test early).

Here's to hoping I post tomorrow with a photo of my new dresser and spotless living room.

5 comments:

jenn said...

Here's to new furniture! And beautiful heartbeats- but not to dumb midwives not calling with something that seems pretty important!

Hope you feel more energy soon!

Rachel said...

Yay for another look at a great heartbeat! Coincidentally, I've been looking at multi-function furniture online for the past hour.

So odd about the midwife not calling. I always call for results if I don't hear from the office because I'm pushy like that. Hopefully you can get that remedied soon. In the meantime, get some rest!

Anonymous said...

Hurrah for the heartbeat! Bummer about the anemia, and that's REALLY a shame that your midwife was so off the back about calling to let you know. Anemia is so miserable that it would have been nice to get on supplemental iron a long time ago, both for your health AND for making you feel better.

Nicky said...

Yay for the heartbeat! Congrats!

Caro said...

Great news!