Thursday, July 1, 2010

So far so good

One egg sac in the right place. Couldn't see much else.

For some reason, I just don't feel the huge wave of relief that I usually do after appointments. Maybe I'm more stressed than usual, maybe the doctor (not mine) had a particularly awful bedside manner. I hope that when the news sinks in I'll feel better.

The doctor was quite simply awful. In the room under a minute - I had to chase him down the hall (sans underwear, of course) to ask about other lab results. Basically said "Yeah, fine" during the u/s. When I asked if everything was measuring ok, he said there's not much to see. Told me my HCG levels were way off, but "it'd probably be ok." Told me I absolutely shouldn't be breastfeeding, but when I asked him what I could read about it he just said "REs know that type of thing." Basically a jerk.

Then of course my genetic screen tests were missing. Not a big deal except that, since I paid for them, I'd like to know the results. But they won't release them over the phone. Then they said they'd call if it was bad news, but otherwise it was good news. And I got pissed. This place never returns phone calls, and there's no way I'm going to rely on the absence of a phone call for important genetic information. So I wrote a letter asking them to mail me the results. We'll see.

Next appointment in about 2 weeks. Please tell me that we should be able to see a heartbeat by 7 weeks, 3 days, right?

7 comments:

electriclady said...

Yay for sac in the right place! I think by 7w3d you can probably see the heartbeat.

And ARGH, reading about That Place gives me PTSD flashbacks. Haaaaate. 2 more weeks and you see the heartbeat AND you can be rid of them!

Nicky said...

You know that you have my total sympathy on crappy bedside manners.

Yep, you should see a heartbeat anytime past 7 weeks. It's generally just a single pixel flicking on and off, but it's there. Good luck!

The Mama said...

Hey! Awesome about the baby sac! :-D I agree with the previous commenters about heartbeat.

jenn said...

I think we saw ours at the 7w6d-ish mark- but that was when they could get us in.
Congrats on the first hurdle down! I'm sorry about your crappy RE. That makes me pretty glad my insurance only covered the u/s through my ob & they squeezed me in early!

kate said...

Yay for sac in the right place! Excellent news! Sorry about the awful RE. I hate when I have tests drawn and docs act all secretive about the results-- they're MY results, dang it!

But yes, as far as I know, you should be able to see a heartbeat at 7w3d.

ms. c said...

I don't know what is up with doctors and medical professionals being asses. I just don't. I empathize completely.

Yay for everything being right with the u/s!

Katie said...

I'm glad the u/s went well, but gah, I hate it when medical professionals are @sshats.

Yes, you should see a HB by next time. Congratulations!!