Like the fact that it took me well over a year to lose the baby weight (and no, I don't mean the 'last few pounds.' I distinctly gained about 10-15 lbs in the post-gestational diabetes sugar binge and did not really lose -any- weight for a full 6 months. In fact, I'm pretty sure I never would have lost the weight if it weren't for moving to the land of bland food and then getting a travel illness in In.di.a (see gas baby May 2010 ...) Anyways ...)
So, despite the fact that I spent the better part of Sunday chasing the fusspot around a pool in an ill-fitting bathing suit in front of 30 or so of my in-laws closest friends, I got nothing but compliments on 'how skinny' I was looking. Despite a distinctive little bulge.
Contrast that with our local diner waitress on Monday night who watched me chase the fusspot for one loop around the diner and then said: "Is she excited about getting a new sibling so soon?" All I could muster was the blankest of stares and "No, not really" as the fusspot attempted to smash a salt shaker.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment