2. A glorious Sunday which started with this science invitation:
Such fun to set up an activity that I remember doing as a kid. Ok, maybe this will make it a bit clearer:
She obviously had her own ideas which (of course) included a detailed narrative entirely unrelated to the science experiment at hand (note addition of a rubber duck by the fusspot):
And when it looked like attention was waning I did the only reasonable thing I could think of. I dumped a whole box of corn starch into the mess. Our sink may never drain again but I practically hard to wrestle her away from the activity when it was time to head out:
3. And plain glass Montessori pouring sets? Not when mama just got back from vacation ...
4. Sunday afternoon at a lovely city museum with an entire exhibition devoted to one of the fusspot's favorite children's authors: Ezra Jack Keats. Nothing better than listening to your 3 year old recite the lines of the story next to the original illustrations.
5. A late afternoon shopping trip to our super-ritzy goodwill-ish store (Hou.sin.g works for the locals) which resulted in a new $5 necklace for me and some $5 dress-up fancy gloves for the fusspot.
Next up: more maternal angst about early childhood education (alternatively titled: in which my dear readers convince me that New Yorkers are crazy)
1 comment:
Oh that looks like amazing fun! My weekend with the kids will involve dragging them both to my job to unpack after moving, nothing near as fun & beautiful!
Post a Comment