Thursday, January 5, 2012

A little something new

I have a lot I want to write, but sometimes get intimidated by the carefully worded, well-edited posts I read, so I am going to try the awesome Ms. Sprogblogger's small things list for a week or two and see how it goes.

A few small things which make my day:

1. The fusspot's delightful toddler declarations. She woke up this morning and told me, "I am going to go and giggle that baby now" (by which she means tickle, of course). Earlier in the week she told me "I am definitely going to be a mama when I grow up ..." and while I waited for some profound statement about love or my maternal skills she continued: "so I can have really big boogies!"

2. I work in a rather isolated office, so I don't see many people every day. In fact, most days I see my children, our daycare provider, and one good friend who works near me. And I am finally taking advantage of it by wearing the exact same outfit I wore yesterday. And the day before for good measure. I may well consider it again for tomorrow.

3. A surprise e-mail that some of my favorite relatives may drop by next week.

4. Plans for a relaxing/busy weekend ahead: LLL meeting (please let it better than previous ones), a playdate with friends (no, they have no kids but their building has an awesome playroom) and hopefully the first episode of Project Runway All-Stars.

5. A quiet invitation to play this morning and a fun sink/float activity for tonight (I finally bought a large tupperware container at Target over the weekend - you can see the lid below. Sensory table activities here we come!):

No comments: