Friday, January 6, 2012

Small things on a Friday afternoon

Trying out Ms. Sprogblogger's small things:

1. That my husband and I actually managed to have a conversation and dinner together last night. Ok, so it was 2:30 am and he was eating take-out from the deli below us, but still better than nothing. And then we did the dishes together like a normal, happily-married couple.

2. My totally awesome co-sleeping babies. I love having my own personal heater curled up next to me, and now that he's not eating every 1.5 hours through the night, well, even better. And I love watching the fusspot sleep with an arm thrown over her baby doll every night.

3. The adorableness of 3. Yesterday's mail brought a totally awesome Sinterklaas gift: an LED light-up toy. The fusspot proudly deposited said toy on her pillow in her crib, and then spent most of the night lying next to it with her hands firmly clasped over her eyes so she could sleep.

4. The fire alarm which forced me to go out and get a hot chocolate this morning.

5. Looking forward to shabbos: services, new flowers, a warm dinner in the crockpot ... and then another late night of quiet reading.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You deserve an award for finding something good about a fire alarm. Of course, chocolate IS a really good 'good'!

jenn said...

I think Pumpkin has a similar LED toy. she clutches it in one hand while burying her face in her blanky with the other. I love it!
And while we aren't really cosleepers we usually end up with a baby in bed with us at some point & my favorite nights are those where Little Bear comes in for cuddles more than b00bs- and then stays asleep with me for a few hours instead of deciding the 3am giggle party is the best thing ever!