the fact that my body seems to be rather confused as to its age. There have been the rather unexpected spate of illnesses usually found in people about twice my age (can we say intestinal blo.ckage and sh.ingles) but also recently those found in the set half my age (first round of strep throat in over 20 years) so I guess it shouldn't be all that big a surprise that it's happening again. See, I've had a small itchy spot on my scalp for months. Going back to at least August, maybe longer. A small, scaly itchy spot which flakes every couple of days and has a nice contained "ring" formation. Easy to ignore until some lab results indicated my lymph nodes are going crazy at the moment.
Bueller? Bueller? Gonna be a fun consultation between LC and doctor tomorrow as we figure out how to treat rin.gworm in the breastfeeding mama. Oh my.
And nice thought to wash sheets frequently in hot water when we have no laundry at all. Oh yeah, and then there's the whole co-sleeping thing. I just hope that somehow the dumpling manages to avoid this delightful little endeavor ...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I have also had both shingles and strep in the last two years. When I was in college (many many many years ago) I also had a single incidence of gout. The comparisons between me and an overweight old man were very fun.
Our local grocery store is heavily advertising the availability of the shingles vaccine for people 60 years and older. Every time I shop, they make PA announcements about how many senior citizens are affected by shingles, and it makes me feel old old old.
Ringworm, though... yuck! Feel better!
Post a Comment