Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Even less eloquent than usual

Don't worry, I haven't fallen into a crevice or joined a cult and given up the internets. We're still here, floundering along.

I keep thinking of things to write about, but it seems that whenever I sit down to post I get distracted by work or things which must be done urgently. It doesn't really help that the dumpling has hit his 6 month growth spurt and my supply still isn't back up to normal. Our daily routine is a bit of a grind at the moment. I mean, it's never a good sign when your 2 year old says: "See you tomorrow dada" at 8:45 am every morning as you walk out the door with her. Of course, there are also very sweet moments in the morning during their brief hour half together every day. This morning she insisted upon referring to JD as buttercup all morning.

I have utterly failed to meet all self-imposed deadlines related to my degree and am currently still tossing and turning over whether I should abandon ship at this point or battle it out to some type of (maybe successful?) gory end. I am leaning towards sticking it out still, but there are days which are really hard.

Posts I would like to write soon: to push or not to push, the big preschool dilemma; how not to throttle your daycare provider (subtitled: introducing solids); parenting and loneliness (subtitled: yours truly is now known as "the Amt.rak mom"; a little more travel here and there.

2 comments:

Ms. J said...

For what it's worth . . . everything on my mind feels too big to try and talk about on the blog, and I have not nearly enough time to do it justice.

But I am reading yours, and think of you many times during each week :o)

Amanda said...

The only thing that kept me from throttling my day care providers was the thought of having to find a new one.

I'm wishing you some good fortune!