Tuesday, January 25, 2011

An update of sorts

Thank you all for your kind comments. I think that what really freaked me out is that I was feeling so overwhelmed and miserable, and in truth I was just coming off of a rather relaxed weekend where JD was home (and not working) for most of it, where we ran through a large segment of our to-do list, etc. We even had two quasi-dates, meaning that the fusspot fell asleep while we were out running errands and I immediately made JD drop everything and go drink hot chocolate with me. We do live a wild life, after all.

Which really makes me think that this is probably something hormonal. I am not actually dealing with anything more than usual, and neither am I feeling all that physically unwell (despite a few weird late pg symptoms like arthritis-style pain in my hands (but no swelling?), swelling elsewhere, insomnia, nothing too critical). I did schedule a counseling appointment for later this week, and also acupuncture again (which handily comes with a massage before the whole needles-in-my-feet part).

And I am really trying to focus on the positive: a good NST yesterday made even better by a free-super-sized Jamba Juice afterwards, lovely snow this morning followed by warm weather in the afternoon, just about to take the fusspot off to her "dance" class ...

In fact, the only major thing left on our pre-baby list is to find a name. And project which seems to have stalled completely. More on that later, but as per the request of my non-blogging but endlessly supportive Texas reader, a belly shot at 34 weeks. I'm pretty sure this counts as "showing":

2 comments:

cd0103 said...

Thanks! You look great! Look how big fusspot is getting. She looks so tall!

jenn said...

Adorable photo! Yes... I would definitely say that's showing! :)

Keep an eye on the swelling + pain in the hands. I had that with Pumpkin & at 39 weeks had a huge amount of swelling & water retention that was ~maybe~ pre-e. I get concerned about it with this one because you are apparently more prone to have it in a 2nd pregnancy if you have had it in a first.

Hope you get a nice recharge & a break from hormones. Let me know if you want any boy clothes- I got a huge lot from a neighbor & some really nice warmer little sleepers that I don't think a June baby needs. :)