Friday, June 5, 2009

Known for his tact

But first, here I was thinking that I might just be blogging for myself and I post a long whine and voila! readers appear. Super-cool, kind readers who offer to help. Truly incredible.

We did a little craigslisting (well, the local version) today and landed up walking past the coolest playground ever. And although the fusspot is too little to really care, we went in for a bit. At one point a rather pregnant woman waddled past while chasing a toddler and I must have given her a wistful look because JD asked what was wrong.

I muttered something about being jealous. Instead of dropping it JD asked why and I explained that at the very, very earliest I will be back at the clinic when the fusspot is 18 months and more likely a bit older and thus there's no way I'll be chasing a 2-year-old with a 6-month plus belly (and of course a large part of the bitterness is that the delay is from work and location issues, not a deliberate 'spacing' on our part).

JD looked very seriously at me and said: "Don't worry. You won't need to be nearly 6 months pregnant to look like that. In fact, you could still pass now on a bad day."

And that's my guy for you.

2 comments:

Rebeccah said...

Wow. That's so tactless that it's kinda charming ; )

Glad you seem to be settling in well. Looking forward to hearing more!

Ms. J said...

Can we assume that just you and fusspot slept on the futon last night, while Daddy was kicked to the floor, sans blanket, LOL, for his tact?!