my period is "late." Don't worry, this won't be a tale of miraculous conception which transitions immediately into complaints about round ligament pain and angst about birth plans. Two rather pricey pee-sticks plus a large collection of expired cheapo sticks indicate that absolutely nothing is growing in my uterus (and Io, all I got was a "good luck" at the cash register).
And I'm not even sure "late" is the right adjective. I'm in my 30s and I have never had 2 back-to-back uninduced cycles in my life. So how I had somehow deluded myself into hoping that I would have perfectly reliable 28-day cycles I don't know. But I had, and it's frustrating that my cycles are currently "irregular," with a healthy chance of "missing, never to return."
The thing about infertility is that it gives you this overwhelming angst and feeling of doom. I feel like we wasted a possible cycle (yes, I am pretty sure that my body did something at least close to ovulating) and while it certainly would have been awful timing, well, what if it never, ever happens again ...
And along those lines I'd really like to rededicate myself to restricting carbs/losing weight even if only to see if my cycle might just return. And they'll be no worries about a "surprise" since JD is moving to another city and we have few plans to see each other (and even less for anything to possibly happen since the kids and I will be sharing a room here in the big city, and we'll be staying with friends if we visit him). It took a few summer shots of me in a bathing suit to remind me that while I tend to think of myself as decently fit and reasonably shaped, I am not exactly pulling that off in public.
Anyone have any inspirational stories of restored "regularity" or ways to limit sugar when all you crave are cupcakes and fluffy coffee drinks (and yes, we baked cupcakes this morning and since the fusspot was in charge of icing they are 98% pure sugar by weight, the rest is a combination of eggs/flour and food coloring. She was very proud of herself)?
And I'm not even sure "late" is the right adjective. I'm in my 30s and I have never had 2 back-to-back uninduced cycles in my life. So how I had somehow deluded myself into hoping that I would have perfectly reliable 28-day cycles I don't know. But I had, and it's frustrating that my cycles are currently "irregular," with a healthy chance of "missing, never to return."
The thing about infertility is that it gives you this overwhelming angst and feeling of doom. I feel like we wasted a possible cycle (yes, I am pretty sure that my body did something at least close to ovulating) and while it certainly would have been awful timing, well, what if it never, ever happens again ...
And along those lines I'd really like to rededicate myself to restricting carbs/losing weight even if only to see if my cycle might just return. And they'll be no worries about a "surprise" since JD is moving to another city and we have few plans to see each other (and even less for anything to possibly happen since the kids and I will be sharing a room here in the big city, and we'll be staying with friends if we visit him). It took a few summer shots of me in a bathing suit to remind me that while I tend to think of myself as decently fit and reasonably shaped, I am not exactly pulling that off in public.
Anyone have any inspirational stories of restored "regularity" or ways to limit sugar when all you crave are cupcakes and fluffy coffee drinks (and yes, we baked cupcakes this morning and since the fusspot was in charge of icing they are 98% pure sugar by weight, the rest is a combination of eggs/flour and food coloring. She was very proud of herself)?
2 comments:
I'm one of the lucky ones... getting on metformin has given me consistent periods since Michael was about a year old. I have a relatively predictable follicular and luteal phases and can usually tell exactly when I ovulate. Sometimes I find myself cursing the arrival of AF, but I hush, because I KNOW the alternative is worse. Having a working, predictable cycle is a blessing.
I don't know how to say no to sugar myself... better living through chemisty is my motto these days. I have always been a big proponent of ground flaxseed daily for it's benefits, but I don't know that alone would be enough to combat PCOS.
Geeze, now I want a cupcake. (In other words, I have no assvice on only desiring the right foods)
"The thing about infertility is that it gives you this overwhelming angst and feeling of doom." <---THIS.
Post a Comment