Friday, December 9, 2011

I'll see you school stress

and raise you endlessly delightful birthday party planning procrastination. Let's see: 2 kinds of cupcakes, cookies for the adults, baked mac and cheese for kids, sandwiches for adults ...

... handmade birthday party invites ...


... custom-dyed clothespins ...


... noodles for elegant necklaces ...


... and of course little brown packages tied up with string ...


did I mention that I convinced a friend (a single guy, to be precise) to buy helium balloons yesterday, bring them to the office, and then hand-deliver them to me after 9:30 pm so that the fusspot could wake up to BALLOONS even though she is three and obviously would have been every bit as thrilled if we'd just gone to the store and bought them yesterday?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh lovely! I can't wait for birthday parties where I am not related to everyone at the party! Macaroni necklaces! I might have a little boy, but YES we will do this at his 3rd b-day party!

I hope it's a lovely party & that the fusspot LOVES every moment of it!

jenn said...

I love it all!!! I am already starting to think about the big 1 for little bear, but Pumpkin will be 3 in the spring and I am at a loss with her! (Little Bear is obviously getting a bear type theme & family party- easy yet adorable) She is tough & unfortunately a 'theme' is not coming to mind so easy this year. Isn't it crazy to look down & realize you have a little kid now? 3 already?!