Thank you for all of your wisdom. I did indeed go see my favorite nurse practitioner yesterday afternoon and her advice was very much in line with yours. First she asked me what I was really worried about, and I said something serious like a tumor or a virus so she ruled those out. These are the possible explanations she suggested:
- pregnancy (hahahaha and nope)
- anemia (ran bloodwork)
- need glasses (suggested eye exam)
- exhaustion (I am tired but still getting plenty of sleep every night. 6-7 hours is enough for my body)
- dehydration
- some type of weird interaction with my increase-your-bust nursing supplements. Seems highly unlikely but worth considering
And thus her firm advice was to drink more and take a power nap every afternoon. Definitely advice I can get behind. And I'll call and check the lab results and also schedule an eye exam just in case since the bulk of my job nowadays is staring at my 2 computer screens. And to come back next week if there's no improvement.
And then yesterday mid-headache I went on a playdate with a woman I met while out and about. She also had 2 kids and lives a few blocks away so I figured it was worth a try. And it just reminded me how diverse our very neighborhood is. In the span of 20 minutes she had dropped the fact that they have a chef and a cleaning lady in addition to the full-time nanny, but what really got my attention was when she mentioned being worried that her nanny would feel overwhelmed with 2 kids. That's great, I thought, concern for how your nanny is doing is an excellent start. And her solution? To hire a second nanny 2 mornings a week to take the baby to "his classes" which conflict with their daughter's classes. He's 8 weeks old and she's 2. And they go to class: music and gym for him, art, gym and music for her.
And then out of the blue this morning JD asks whether the fusspot could have started school this fall? Of course, I replied with rather a good deal of annoyance. Here I am obsessing over raising a bilingual daughter, giving her time to play but also offering her fun opportunities, future applications and my husband doesn't even know age kids start preschool in the big city. JD looks up surprised from their game of blocks and laughs and says "that would have been funny to see or tiny little girl go off to school with her big backpack on" and returns to the blocks. Yeah.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Did you get the domperidone? I mailed it last Tuesday? I definitely experienced headaches from time to time on it, but I can't say if it actually caused it or not. And if you are making more milk you might need to step up your fluids from that. Staring at computer screen is definitely a trigger for me. And even though you are in a city, weather.com says the weed pollen level is high for NYC. Unfortunately, even if you haven't suffered from allergies in the past they can start at anytime. I started having allergy issues in grad school.
Are you taking an omega-3 supplement? I have found that has helped me with headaches and eye strain.
Fun fact on anemia... maybe I've shared this with you before, but I can't remember. A sign of anemia is your fingernails "spooning downward". My fingers (index and middle were always the worst) used to always grow funny and it looked like they kinda drooped down. It was anemia. Now that I take supplements they always look nice and flat and normal. Obviously you fingernails aren't an instantaneous way to determine recent anemia, but it's just kinda interesting I think.
I was at the doctor today and he said people had already come in for allergies, and two women at preschool today said their allergies are bothering them. Just something to consider!
oh allergies... the hub & pumpkin are both suffering down here (in the little big city to your south)
And while I totally get the annoyance on jd not even knowing when kids should/could start pre-school... i do love the imagery of a tiny little fusspot with a big backpack!
And thank you- a few nights of sleep and we are both being much nicer in general. We are even having some early morning conversations again before the kids get up- this would have caused immediate fighting regardless of subject about 2 weeks ago. So an improvement!
Oh- and bear is a gentle giant, I am sure the Dumpling will just scoot circles around him. :)
Post a Comment