Sunday, September 11, 2011

The good news is that we're on the charts

the bad news is that we're not exactly even rocking the double digits. 5th percentile for height and miraculously 25th for weight (at 6 months). I was so deeply relieved that our little guy is still on the growth charts that I just nodded and smiled when our brand new pediatrician mentioned the dumpling, henceforth to be known as the miniature baby, needed a lot of shots.

Yup. This terrible mother did not realize that for their final screw-you moment our old pediatrician managed to send the new one an incomplete chart. So now we've double vaccinated our poor little guy for just about everything. Let me assure you that there were words with the old office but nothing to be done.

And after a lovely weekend upstate where we played pass the baby around the wedding (I really do think that the bride and groom could easily put together a whole album of "Who is holding baby now? Subtitled: Does this little guy even have a mother?" from their wedding. Mostly facilitated by a please-no-babies line that we flagrantly ignored (albeit leaving the fusspot with a friend's babysitter). I mean, the mother of the groom was seen dancing with the little guy and all three photographers confessed to me that they were missing their own babies, plus who can resist a baby in a sports coat and my miniature man did not so much as fuss through a 7 hour event ...), I was running around the apartment and bashed up my toe. Currently sitting with my whole foot in a tub of ice water trying to figure out if it's broken. I'm not exactly sure how our mile commute to daycare would work with a broken toe and I have to be someplace at 9 am tomorrow ...

1 comment:

jenn said...

Well. Congrats on being on the chart! So glad you can take a breath on that one! And oh my on the double shots! Is it at least anything that would have needed 3 courses of that he could now be done? I would be pretty livid at that one too- but like you said... nothing really could be 'done' about their screw up.
And babies in sport jackets are awesome! Mine will be in a little button down & vest at a wedding in 2 weeks- but since it is extremely small kids are all invited & the Pumpkin was even given a wardrobe requirement (a tutu)
Hope the toe's not really broken & at least you could use the stroller as a crutch? Tape it to the toe next to it & unfortunately that's about all that can be done. :(